The Jogging Stroller
"No Baby-Sitter, No Problem"
Go jogging with the baby on board a jogging stroller. You don't need to miss your favorite form of exercise just because you have a baby or two.
Use a single stroller. If you have twins, use a double stroller. Triplets? Use a triple stroller!
There are many makes and models to choose from these days. Get them with the accessories that you need like drink or cup holders, diaper bags, strollometers etc.
Here are some tips on jogging strollers:
1. Choose a stroller with good, solid construction that lasts long. You may have another baby in the future, so this is one item you may use after 5 or 7 years.
2. Even though solid, they can still be lightweight. So keep this feature in mind if you are planning to buy one.
3. Make sure it is easy to assemble and fold. This makes it easy to get in and out of the car.
4. Choose bright and striking colours so that the stroller is visible to road users when you are jogging off-pavement. Your baby's safety is most important.
5. If you are using the jogging stroller when it is dark outside, install headlights or blinking lights for visibility. Check for this accessory when choosing the right model. Again, safety comes first.
6. An under-carriage storage space is useful to put water and milk bottles, and items such as towels.
7. Jogging strollers work best on smooth terrain, so if you jog on the beach, this will not work! Jogging trails are still ok. A hilly terrain will provide added uphill challenge.
Back to What To Bring
FROM Jogging Stroller to Home Page